We help you manage your finances before, during and after you travel. Your Debit MasterCard® is a convenient way to make purchases and get cash when you're traveling. Add it to your mix of cash, credit cards, and traveler's checks for the ultimate in spending flexibility.
Contact Us Before You Leave
To prevent fraud, we request you to contact us prior to traveling (250 or more miles from home) at 800-772-4000 and provide the dates of travel. Notifying us will help ensure uninterrupted use of your card. If you are currently outside of the United States you can contact us at 818-772-4000.
Avoid missed or late payments with Bill Pay. Simply set up automatic bill payments before you travel.
Free CO-OP ATMs are in 10 countries. So if you're traveling overseas, locate network ATMs before you go. Service centers can be located at http://www.cuswirl.com/international.
Please note that Premier America Credit Union charges a 1% International Purchase Transaction Fee for purchases made with your Debit MasterCard®.
Use Your Debit MasterCard® Worldwide
Yes, you can use your Debit MasterCard® worldwide at ATMs with the MasterCard® logo.
You can also use your card to make purchases, just as you would in the U.S. There are some differences to keep in mind when traveling outside the U.S. Here's a quick rundown so you know what to expect:
- Four-digit numeric PINs are standard in most countries. If you have an alphabetic PIN, translate the letters into numbers before you travel.
- Debit Cards often give you a better exchange rate than you'll receive at currency exchange bureaus.
- Remember that your daily withdrawal limit on your Premier America account is $500
- Many foreign ATM networks offer instructions in English, but not all of them.
- Some foreign ATMs are available only during normal business hours.
- Withdraw enough cash to cover expenses should you travel to small towns. Many do not have ATMs.
- Most foreign ATMs only permit transactions involving your primary account.
- If you're unable to use your Debit Card at an ATM, use it to get a cash advance at a local bank.
Additional Travel Money Tips
- Put your money and your card away immediately after making a withdrawal. Count your money later, out of public view.
- Put small bills and coins in an accessible pocket or other location. Tuck away the majority of your cash in a separate secure location. When you access your small bills potential pick pockets won't discover the location of your big bills.
- Keep a list of all your account numbers and contact information in a secure location and do not take it with you when you travel.
- After your trip review your statements to ensure all charges are accurate.
Before You Travel - Do Your Research
The best way to ensure a carefree and relaxing trip is to prevent problems before they happen. Visit the U.S. Department of State travel pages (http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/tips_1232.html#safe_trip) for information on passports and tips while traveling abroad. The U.S. government also issues travel warnings (http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html), restrictions, and public announcements.
Please take precautions to avoid being a target of crime. Avoid wearing conspicuous clothing or jewelry and do not carry excessive amounts of money. Also, do not leave your luggage unattended in public areas and do not accept packages from strangers.